Advertising is generally thought of as a description or presentation of a product, service or company in order to persuade people to buy it. B2B marketplace is a great way to advertise or promote your goods or services. The amount spent on advertising in the B2B sector is very low compared to other consumer marketing.
Things You Should Know About B2B Marketplace
A B2B sale involves complex products unlike in a regular consumer sale. Generally, a consumer product is standardized and can be purchased without any technical knowledge of the product. On the other hand, an industrialized product has various complexities. In B2B sales, a raw material manufacturer might sell his product to an owner of a complex manufacturing plant. For example, a cotton manufacturer will sell his cotton to a mill to manufacture cloth. Here, an expert from the mill will closely scrutinize the quality of the cotton before purchasing it.
The advertising campaign should be drafted keeping in mind the quantity of goods to be sold. In a business to consumer sale (B2C), the quantity purchased by a consumer is much less, where as a business purchase is bought in bulk. This means a business client will surely put in great thought before buying your product since his large investment is at stake. A good trade discount or economic ordering quantities (EOQ) will induce the buyers to buy the product.
A B2B market is a common platform where buyers and sellers come together and hence it makes it easy for a company to find business leads though such a portal.
Business relations also play a vital role in B2B marketing. Cordial business relations help to generate trust and good business. In a B2B marketplace it is easier to create a long term business association once you satisfy the needs of your client. If the industry buyer is convinced about the authenticity of your product, you will find a long term business deal.
Some of the important things to bear in mind while creating your business profile are as follows:
- Rational Buyers – Unlike consumers, B2B has to target professional buyers. Hence, you have to keep in mind that mere blabbering about your product is not going to help. The buyer is going to closely examine your product to ascertain its quality and authenticity.
- Know Your Product – A professional buyer has prior knowledge of his requirements. So, any sort of pretence or efforts to sell your product might prove hypocritical. It will surely be obtuse to think that you can mesmerize the buyer with any promotional gimmicks. Therefore, make sure you have a logical presentation of your products before your clients.
- Know Your Market – Knowing your buyers need before hand is very important. It is always beneficial to research a bit about the clients demand in advance so as to provide appropriate service.
- Research – A good market survey proves helpful to find the target groups or businesses for your product. A survey will give you confidence to present your product before the client. A B2B client is rational and hence cannot be tricked into buying your product. Here your market research will prove very vital to know the client’s demand.
- Advertising Strategy – An economic instability in the market fiercely affects the business. In such situations a highly good advertising strategy will help your business survive the economic fallout. B2B advertising might not lead to growth during economic stagnancy but will surely help you secure your position in the market. An investment in advertising during economic downturn portrays a positive image of your business before your clients.
- Look At Your Options – It is crucial to analyse all options available to reach your desired customers. The web is enriched with various business to business directories to directly contact your counterparts. All you have to do is market your products wisely on these portals. Other modes to promote your business include the print media, trade events, etc.
- Budget – While you indulge in various modes of advertising it is important to keep a track of your budget. It is advisable to formulate a budget for your advertising campaign well in advance. This will promote a good marketing strategy and yield desired results.
So start marketing your business today!
Thank you to my Guest Post Author: Christina Maria
Christina is a B2B specialist and marketing expert that works for Global Trade Connect. Christina invites you to visit http://www.globaltradeconnect.com/ for more details on B2B marketplace.